It's been a busy week! Here are some of the highlights:
1. The New Beginnings ladies meeting went off really well, with nearly 130 women attending. The speakers were well received and there was enthusiastic feedback from all involved. We look forward to the next meeting - well done to Rose and her committee!
2. Our Khanyisa teacher training entered its second week, with numbers doubling, as enthusiastic teachers returned with other colleagues. Such exciting and hopeful work that Marcia and Nonny are involved in! We're hoping to have more details for you soon so that you can hear some of the stories behind the schools we are working with.
3. Still on the Khanyisa front, our first round of Barista training got underway this week. Participants are taught how to make cappuccinos and lattes and the like on our coffee machine, and then they receive additional training on preparing a CV, interview technique and PC skills. They'll be with us for three weeks to get some hands on experience – look out for some half price specials in the Upper Room while they're learning!
4. We completed our third and final planning workshop on Tuesday – we've now spent some intensive time brainstorming around the three aspects of our mission statement, asking ourselves practically: How will we build a worshipping community? How will we make disciples of Jesus? How will we change our world? The next step in the process is for our Stewards team to work through the mountains of ideas generated and do some prioritising so that we can get cracking on implementing plans designed to help us achieve that vision.
5. This week the material for our Lent course arrived and we're making arrangements for the first week of the course (Wed 25th – evening and Thurs 26 – morning). Hope to see you there!