It has been another exciting week at UMC, here is a summary of some of what has been on the go this past week:
- The Upper Room has been so busy, our trainee baristas were working very hard all week! Thank you for supporting them in their training. In total, they made over 57 cappuccinos, lattes, teas, espressos etc, and gained valuable work experience.
- We had a newcomers evening on Tuesday evening, where we had the opportunity to meet and connect with some of the new faces at UMC. People had a chance to meet others, and we had an informal conversation about UMC, who we are and what it means to belong. It is always a privilege to engage with newcomers in this way.
- Khanyisa Teacher Training took place on Tuesday at UMC, and the group has grown to a team of 14 teachers! Marcia and Nonny continue to do a wonderful job, equipping these ladies with key skills for changing the lives of young children through education.
- The evening Lent course got going on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning at UMC, and on Thursday evening at Westbrook Methodist.
- At the same time on Wednesday evening, a new young adults lent group met for the first time. This group is exploring the idea of doing lent generously, and part of our lent journey is taking on the 40acts lent challenge for the 40 days of lent. (Check out www.40acts.org.uk to find out more).
It is such a privilege to be part of what God is doing in this community, and to share this journey with you.